If you are suffering from acne after the age of 25, there is a high chance you are experiencing Adult acne, or post-adolescent acne. For most part, same factors that cause acne in adolescents are at play in this case.
While acne can be caused by many factors, these four factors directly contribute to acne:
- Skin producing excess oil
- Pores becoming blogged by dead skin cells
In addition to the major factors mentioned, below factors can also cause acne breakouts:
- hormones, stress, and the menstrual cycle in women, all of which can influence oil production
- Make-up and beauty products, hair products, skin care products that can clog pores
- Your Diet: can directly influence inflammation in human body
- Medications: Anabolic steroids, corticosteroids, lithium etc. can also result in acne
While treating acne it is important to remember the acne can also be a systemic condition. If you are facing excess hair growth or loss, rapid weight changes or other skin disorders in addition to acne, it can be a symptom of other underlying diseases and could potentially be a red flag. It is important to not self-medicate and visit a doctor for evaluation.